- Maps and the Genealogist
- Little Known Battle of Iwuy
- Saskatchewan's Health Care Evolution towards Medicare Part I
- Saskatchewan's Health Care Evolution towards Medicare Part II
- Will these World War I War Medals Make Their Way Home? Can you help?
- Regina Public Library Prairie History Blog Review
- World War One Remembered at the University of Saskatchewan
- Montgomery Place Est. in 1946 by Our War Veterans.
- Iceland to Saskatchewan
- D-Day, June 6, 1944, 70th Anniversary Commemoration ~ Are you ready for a trip to France?
- Millions of Archival Newspaper Pages Set to Go Online
- Saskatchewan Evolutionary Changes
- Rural Municipalities of Saskatchewan
- Rich History of 1885: Northwest Rebellion
- 1921 Canada Census: Place of Habitation :: Rural Municipalities
- Finnish Saskatchewan Genealogy Research
- Is My Ancestor's Grave Marked with a Tombstone?
- Who Maintains Saskatchewan's Cemeteries?
- Montgomery Place Est. in 1946 by our War Veterans
- Naval Monument honours Royal Canadian Navy prairie seamen and RCN ships
H.M.C.S. Regina (K234) and H.M.C.S. Weyburn (K 173)
- Moose Jaw Normal School ~ Endless Echoes
- Moose Jaw Normal School ~ Endless Echoes ~ BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Saskatoon Normal School ~ A History ~ Education is the movement from darkness to light.
- Saskatoon Normal School ~ BIBLIOGRAPHY ~ Education is the movement from darkness to light.
- From potential to realty ~ The Regina Normal School.
- H.W. Balfour's Truly Impressive Career. Outstanding Civic Administrator and Military Officer.
- Reno Hill School District 5158; Memories of When the Water Came or The price paid for electricity
- One Room School Naming
- Bert McKay of Moosomin
- Saskatchewan Census News Release
- Saskatchewan in 1921 and the 1921 Census. ~ The Forgotten Depression
- Saskatchewan Roman Catholic Churches ~ Online Parish Registers ~ History
- Steamships All Aboard! on the Saskatchewan PART 1
- Steamships All Aboard! on the Saskatchewan PART 2
- Ballad of the Saskatchewan ~ A Poem
- The Aged Pilot Man ~ A Poem
- Table of Steamships upon the Saskatchewan
- William Wallace Gibson ~ First Flight of a Canadian Airplane ~ Birdman of Balgonie
- Michelle Lang- Canadian Journalist, Jan 31, 1975-Dec 30, 2009 Afghanistan Casualty
- Saskatchewan Virtual War Memorial Updated
- How Did Saskatchewan Pioneers Homestead?
- Distance Learning ~The History of the Saskatchewan Correspondence School
The Drastic Shortage of Teachers in Saskatchewan's History and A small sampling of Teacher wanted ads.
- Schools Close: Lack of Teachers in Saskatchewan's History
- Saskatchewan School Inspection of One Room Schoolhouses
- Celebrate Saskatchewan ~ From Many People's Strength ~ Anniversary Quiz Anwers
- Saskatchewan ~ From Many People's Strength ~ Birthday Quiz
- Uncovering Historical Census and Cemetery Records ~ Answers to Quiz 2
Landmarks and Geophysical Saskatchewan Placenames. Quiz Two.
- The Value of Standardizing Placenames for Genealogists. Quiz Answers.
- Test Your Knowledge of Saskatchewan's Placenames. Quiz.
- Visiting your Ancestor's Homestead - Planning a summer vacation?
- Saskatchewan Normal School ~ the heritage of teacher training institutes.
- Saskatchewan and the Emerald Isle in honour of St. Patrick's day
- Marriages from Humboldt, Saskatchewan Journal – Oct 1905 to Dec 1 1921
- Tribute to Mammy Mayes and the Shiloh People
African Canadian History in Saskatchewan
Canada recognizes February as Black History Month
- Maybe the Ghosts Will Live Again
Saskatchewan Ghost Towns... Do you have oral history about a Saskatchewan placename not on a current map? How do you find those communities which were once dotted around the prairie every six miles or so?
- How do I locate my Ancestor's Home Town in SK?
- When Were Saskatchewan Homestead Applications Available?
- How do the Saskatchewan 2011 Canadian Census
Statistics Compare to History? Census show the growth and evolution of the province
- Why were Canadian “Last Best West” homesteads created?
- Evolution of Saskatchewan's Historical Census
- There is new information online for Saskatchewan researchers!
What can be found at the NEW
Saskatchewan Provincial Archives website?
- How did Pioneers Travel to their Prairie Homestead?
- Where were Saskatchewan Homesteads Located?
An informative look at pioneers and how to find their ancestral homes in Saskatchewan.
- Are there genealogy web sites that can compete with Ancestry.com?
- The Era of Saskatchewan One Room School Houses
The little white one room school house, what is remembered about it?
- Love and Marriage in Saskatchewan
A Comprehensive Guide to Locating Marriage Certificates in SK
Answering Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
We are always looking for guest bloggers to share their perspective on genealogy, history, and on topics related to Saskatchewan, Canada. Do you want to talk family biography, cemetery transcription, ethnic cultural history or add a genealogical resource, hint or tip?
Send us an email at saskgenweb(at)yahoo(dot)com with some thoughts on what you’d like to write!